News & Notes
October 18, 2016
- We’re putting together a “Meet the Master Chorale” page for the Pacific Shores Philharmonic website! Here’s what we need from each singer:
- A digital (jpeg format) head & shoulders photo of you. If you don’t have one, we’ll be taking photos next Tuesday.
- A short description of how long you’ve been singing with Burns, your interests, profession, etc. 30-50 words.
- Please email both of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitting these means that you give consent for both the photo & your short personal info. to be published on our website.
- Calling all concert blouses! We have a number of new singers that will be needing the dark blue/glitter concert blouse. When they were ordered, we chose designs that would work together on stage, so either the Coro Maestro or the Las Voces blouse will do. We also have singers from the last two seasons who borrowed blouses but haven’t been back; any help tracking them down would be greatly appreciated.
- Please see Penny or Anne about submitting your signed copy of the Code of Conduct, or to discuss member dues. Remember, we are open to scholarship or payment plan arrangements, but we need to hear from you each semester. And thank you for respecting the Code of Conduct’s directions to keep rehearsal chatter to a minimum!
September 27, 2016
Welcome back, everyone! Starting a new concert season is always a thrill, especially after a first rehearsal reuniting with old friends and welcoming new ones. Dr. Burns Taft has, once again, chosen beautiful music for our “Magnificent Mysteries” theme. Tonight we delve a little deeper into our music. Big thanks to Liz Helms and Sarah Edwards, with a little extra measure of gratitude for covering for Burns tonight; we’re expecting him back next Tuesday night.
A gentle reminder: if you haven’t done so yet, please see Penny King about your membership dues for this fall. We also need a signed copy of the Singers’ Code of Conduct on file, which can be turned in to Penny, Anne Ward, or Carol Lamb. Thank you!